Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bye Bye Baby Teeth....

I started this blog when my baby turned 6 and here we are almost 2 months later and I still am in this mode of not wanting her to grow up!  Shhh...don't tell, but we JUST had her birthday cake 2 nights ago and that was only because my mother in law told me it HAD to come out of the freezer.  I don't know why it's bothering me so much.  With my oldest, I'm always encouraging progress... to ride a bike with no training wheels, to read, to play sports....but with this baby I'm not so eager.  So imagine my horror yesterday when I came home from work and she pedals down the street (on her bike with training wheels) as fast as her little legs will go.  "Mom, Mom!  Look!  I have a loose tooth!"  All that excitement in her voice and on her face and all I could think was NOOOOOOO!

So after the initial shock I took a look and not only does she have a loose tooth, but the permanent tooth is already half way in behind it.  So I guess there's no avoiding her growing up.  It's going to happen whether I like it or not!  The only thing I can do is make sure I preserve it in print, so we had a mini photo shoot last night.  10 minutes on Main St.  Some poses for her with her "grown up" model poses and some for mom with those bright eyes and that sweet smile.





1 comment:

  1. I love the one where it looks like she's tapping her foot!! :)

    ReplyDelete